Departments and Services
1 "Get your groceries* downtown at Downtown Grocery!"™ --- Everyday Grocery & Farm Market
( * and local organic produce, dairy, meats, beer, wine, prepared food, fast service, easy parking, too.)
2 Wausau Organic Foods --- Organic Food, Produce, and Grocery items in Wausau, Wisconsin
- Serving Wausau with Organic Foods and an Everyday Farmers Market
- Offering a Vegetarian Deli with Cuisine for Every Meal:
...Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Salad Bar, Bakery, and Sunday Brunch!
3 Special Diet Items --- Wide-variety of food items that are gluten-free, dairy-free, vinegar-free
- To assist in family-meal planning, reference our Special Diet page
- Find food items for special diet concerns, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vinegar-free.
4 Case-to-Go Program --- Save Dollars $$.$$'s on your family meal planning
- Pre-order a case of anything in store or anything we can find, then receive a nice discount.
6 "House Brand" Products --- Our own line of House Brand products prepared in our Kitchen
- Such as Frozen Pizzas, Pie Crusts without Lard, and Hummus & Pesto
- Products prepared using mostly local & organic ingredients.
7 Grocery Gift Certificates --- Pick-up certificates for friends, business associates and family.
8 Gift Baskets --- Gift Baskets from Downtown Grocery are customized for each request
- What about an Italian Dinner Basket or an Asian/Indian Basket?
- Enjoy a Breakfast Basket or a Snack Basket?
- Are you interestd in a Spicy Food Basket?
- Maybe a Basket filled with food that's only the color red? The ideas are endless.
9 Community Outreach & Classes --- We participate in health fairs and conferences,
and organize cooking classes (stay tuned for the next class schedule planned for early 2014).
10 Deli & Bakery Catering --- Pre-order for your next gathering from almost any menu item:
- Would you like a full-pan of "Spicy Mac & Cheese" for a lunch-time meeting or evening meal?
- Are you looking for three-dozen cookies?
- What's your idea?
- We recommend a two-week notice, view our menus, then call us today!
11 Books and Music --- A variety of books and music including:
- Book titles from the Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, NY:
...a great resource for those learning to prepare vegetarian cuisine.
- "From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce", Madison WI
- "An Agricultural Testament", authored by Sir Albert Horward
- "In Switzerland The Moon is Always Male", authored by Paul Gilk, Merrill, WI
12 Become a Fan --- Log-on to Facebook.
13 Food Links --- Links to information about food, news articles and recipes.
14 Bakery --- Offering a wide variety of bakery selections prepared by three bakeshops:
- Downtown Grocery
- Be Well Bakeshop (gluten-free and vegan baked goods)
- a dash of delicious bakeshop (cookies and sweet treats)
15 Store Tours --- Would you like a personal tour of our store? Call store for details.
16 Support Local --- Read about like-minded Local businesses and organizations.