Departments and Services
1 "Get your groceries* downtown at Downtown Grocery!"
( * plus fruits, vegetables, dairy, non-dairy, meat, meatless, artisan cheeses, bulk, frozen,
health & beauty, beer, wine, liquor, prepared foods, plenty of seating, and easy parking!)
2 Local-Organic & Natural Grocery and Fresh Food Market
- Open Daily for Convenient Quick Service
- Offering Local Organic Natural Foods, Prepared Foods, and an "Everyday Farmers Market"™.
3 Five Initiatives for Special Diets
- Wide-variety of food items such as gluten-free or dairy-free
- Use our "Five Initiatives for Special Diets" (ask for a copy or see page).
- The "Five Initiatives" helps your daily meal planning, such as for gluten or dairy intolerance.
4 Case-to-Go Program
- Save Dollars $$.$$'s on your family meal planning
- Pre-order a case of anything in store or anything we can find, then receive a nice discount.
5 Dine-in, Carry-out, it's Healthy Food, Fast!
- Deli-berations (an urban deli)™ serving Vegetarian World-inspired Fast-Food for every meal!
- Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Sunday Brunch, and selections from Four Bakeshops.
6 "Easy meal planning" from our Kitchen
- Take-home prepared foods made in our Kitchen
- Such as Baked Goods, Hummus, Pizza Crusts, Pies, Granola, and Quart-size Soups.
7 Many Services to Customers and our Community
- Catering - Pre-order for your next gathering!
- Gift Certificates - Special gift of local organic food.
- Info-rich website - www.downtowngrocery.com
- Facebook page - Find menu changes and updates.
- Store Tours - Call to schedule a tour or presentation.
- Books - Information about food and cooking.
- Community Outreach & Classes - Share, connect, teach, grow.
8 Books and Music
- Book titles from the Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, NY:
...a great resource for those learning to prepare vegetarian cuisine.
- "From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce", Madison WI
- "An Agricultural Testament", authored by Sir Albert Horward
- "In Switzerland The Moon is Always Male", authored by Paul Gilk, Merrill, WI
9 Food Links --- Links to information about food, news articles and recipes.
10 Four Bakeshops offer unique selections
- Downtown Grocery Bakeshop (from breads to brittles)
- Be Well Bakeshop (gluten-free baked goods, vegan selections, and breads)
- a dash of delicious bakeshop (cookies and sweet treats)
- Blue Dot Bakeshop (gluten free indulgence)
- Ask our team for a copy of the complete list of bakery!
* Support Local
- Read about like-minded Local businesses and organizations.